Date: Monday 16 November 2015
Time: 9am – 5pm followed by drinks (optional)
Venue: RMIT City Campus Storey Hall, (Building 16) Level 5 Auditorium, 336–348 Swanston Street, Melbourne
Professor Hopkins is an internationally acclaimed academic gaining recognition of the highest order in his field. His very readable and useful books include Disastrous Decisions, Failure to Learn, Lessons from Longford, Lessons from Gretley, and Safety, Culture and Risk. These books have become classics in the discipline and are widely read in industry together selling more than 80,000 copies. He speaks regularly to audiences around the world about the causes of major accidents.
To celebrate Professor Hopkins’ work, invited guests will speak about his influence on government, industry, academia and the safety profession.
Key speakers from around Australia and overseas will include:
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Angus Houston AK, AC, AFC
- Judith Hackitt CBE, Chair of the UK Health and Safety Executive
- Emeritus Professor Andrew Hale, former Professor of Safety Science at the Delft University of Technology and Chairman of Hastam UK
- Bill Hoyle, Senior Investigator, U.S. Chemical Safety Board; retired
- David Knox, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Santos Professor Andrew Hopkins will speak in response.
Professor Hopkins will also speak in response.
Download the full event program
See more at: https://sia.org.au/events/hopkins#sthash.5M5Rw1Xh.dpuf